Go Back   Masabih Islamic Forum > Overture > General Topics

General Topics Anything that does not seem to fit in a particular category

Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Abu Aleshba

Default Dr. Muhammad Said Ramadan al-Bouti of Syria.

Asalam Alaikum

Is this personality well known?

The state run 'Orwellian' Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) in a propaganda piece mentions the Sheikh regarding the protests in Syria.

To me it appears that some scholars are too close to the regime and are fearful.

http://www.sana.sy/eng/337/2011/06/23/354428.htm

I admire Sheikh Yaqoubi's stance on the situation in Syria.

Salam
Abu Aleshba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
ottoman

he has a book against nonmadhabs.but unfortunately his some opinios are out of ahlas sunna.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
Abu Aleshba

Came across this on another forum.

Quote:

al-Buti – Syria’s senior Sunni cleric – was ejected from his mosque for speaking out against the uprising. He said: “Most of the people who come to Friday prayers and then go out to demonstrate, do not know how to pray.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlGd...layer_embedded

http://www.joshualandis.com/blog/?p=10989

One comment after the article:

Quote:

52. SYR.Expat said:

46. LOUAI
Thank you for your question.
“if possible can you share with us your openion as why all the media lately attacking Dr.Al Buti? thanks”
Criticism of Sh. Bouti is coming from different places, including:
- Saudi-financed media. One thing for sure, wahabis/salafis don’t like Sh. Bouti. They now see an opportunity to destroy his reputation and they are ceasing it (the opportunity).
Sh. Bouti has played a great role in protecting Syria from the wahabi influence and it’s now payback time. In doing so, they’re hitting two birds with one stone.
First, they settle the score with him. Second, by discrediting him and other pro-regime scholars, they stand a better chance to spread their ideology through the likes of ‘arour. I hope they fail.
The vast majority of Sunni Syrians are not wahabis/salafis and remain so despite the many attempts made over the past 50+ years. However, when people see their scholars siding with the government against them, it’s easier for ‘arour and company to exploit the situation and gain more influence.
- Other media/blogs. They repeat what the Saudi-financed media circulates without verification (not an excuse). Sometimes, it’s cut-and-paste. Other times, it is a misunderstanding of Sh. Bouti’s opinions. However, there is also genuine discontent with no misrepresentation.
- Disillusioned students and supports/fans of the shaikh. Many of the shaikh’s students and supporters/fans have been critical of shaikh Bouti’s attack on the opposition. Those students and supports/fans are well intentioned and have valid reasons for their criticism.
- Syria’s Ulema. Many of the ulema/scholars of Damascus and Syria have been very critical of sh. Bouti. Many cannot openly voice their criticism because of the security ramifications. Those who did by criticizing the government and offering a different opinion than the one expressed by Sh. Bouti have been banned from public speaking.
I hope this helps.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
chisti-raza
Resident Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
but unfortunately his some opinios are out of ahlas sunna.
I find this hard to believe! Can you please provide us with proof for your statement? It was not long ago when the devbandi and their apologists put forward a lie against the Shaykh!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
kattarsunni
Resident Member

Shaykh Ramadan aluti hafidhahuAllah is Ahl alSunna.

He has mistakes but nothing to say that he has rejected a thing known by necessity within Ahl alSunna.

His backing of the regime is wrong.
kattarsunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
chisti-raza
Resident Member

I am simply appalled at the manner in which senior scholars (especially those that we don't have an emotional attachment to) and their opinions are discussed!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Abu Aleshba

The story about Sheikh Buti has been corrected.

http://www.joshualandis.com/blog/?p=10989

Buti [not] Expelled From Mosque – Soldiers enter Kanaker: 8 Killed

Wednesday, July 27th, 2011

Correction: Buti was NOT expelled from a mosque
Scooby said: Dear Josh,
Your title “Buti expelled from mosque” is extremely misleading. The clips that you show are from MONTHS ago, when the protests started to spread to Damascus. They occurred AFTER the Friday prayers were finished and when some people rushed the pulpit shouting anti-government slogans. All of the clips that follow took place in the week following that sermon, back in March.
Dear Joshua, The video with al-Buti is an old one, it dates back to the second Friday of demonstrations (March 25). Al-Buti was not expelled from the mosque, he just fled because he didn’t want to appear as a supporter of the demonstrators (which he’s not, of course). His comments on the demonstrators “who do not know how to pray” was broadcasted on TV before the Friday sermon on March 25 (either Thursday 24 or Friday morning). He was commenting on the first demonstration in the Umayyad Mosque on Friday March 18. Best, Thomas

Dear Scooby and Thomas, many thanks for this correction. I was duped by this well crafted video forgery below. There are many misleading and falsified videos going around. I have frequently criticized the main stream press for not doing due diligence. Now I have been burned. Mea culpa. I have frequently used Buti as a measure of the “Sunni street.” He is a much respected Imam. I know he has many critics today because of his pro-stability stand, but for him to be expelled from a mosque would be big news and a turning point, of a kind. Thanks for correcting me. I count on the collective knowledge of this discussion board. Merci]

Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Abu Aleshba

A video uploaded on youtube on 23rd December. Entitled:

الزنديق البوطي جيش بشار بمرتبة أصحاب رسول الله .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO9VH..._-GLPIhBuPro5Q
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
kattarsunni
Resident Member

Someone I know said "These people have lost their compass."

Some scholars have returned to Syria to fight the regime. Shaykh Sariya Rifai amongst others.
kattarsunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #10
AbdalQadir
Resident Member

is it true that al-buti saw a guy beaten/shot in a mosque, and then openly said "i saw nothing" and all this was caught on camera?

some Syrians have told me of this and most Syrians i know don't like al-buti or hassoun.