Go Back   Masabih Islamic Forum > The Pastures > Bibliophile's Corner

Bibliophile's Corner Information on Books, Booklists, Reviews

Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Aqdas
Administrator

Default sunni periodicals

periodicals from the subcontinent are getting better on most if not all accounts. content, design, punctuality and spelling and grammar.

these are some that i get to read:

1. monthly ashrafia, mubarakpur, india - it is from the famous sunni madrasa, al-jamiatul ashrafia. it's editor is mawlana mubarak husain misbahi. it can be read online. many of the contributors are graduates, having misbahi at the end of their names.

2. monthly jaam-e-noor, delhi - it was relaunched by the grandson of mawlana arshad ul qadri, khushtar noorani [aleeg]. some very good articles on current affairs. contributions from young sunni scholars who have travelled to the arab world for studies.

3. monthly zia-e-haram, lahore - the editor is pir aminul hasanat shah ibn pir karam shah al-azhari. always has a page each from zia ul qur'an and zia ul nabi of pir karam shah sahib. probably the lengthiest periodical.

4. monthly raza-e-mustafa, gujranwala, pakistan - the editor is hafeez niazi and is overseen by mawlana abu dawud muhammad sadiq rizwi. this is a traditional, staunch sunni periodical which is an unleashed sword against the heretics. some hard hitting articles against the insulters of rasulAllah sallAllahu 'alaih wasallam. been going over 50 years. it has latest news on sunni events, books, scholar etc.

5. monthly seedha raasta, lahore - the editor is mawlana munir ahmad yusufi. all articles are heavily referenced with full referencing from books of hadith and otherwise.

6. monthly maah-e-noor, india - looks similar to jaam-e-noor.

7. monthly alaHazrat, bareilly sharif - the editor is mawlana subhan raza khan. it has bab al-tafsir, bab al-hadith and malfuzat of alaHazrat in every edition.

8. annual yaadgaar e raza, mumbai - this is a compilation of articles to do with rizwiyat gathered by ghulam mustafa rizwi of malegaon. it typically covers 100-150 pages.

9. quarterly raza book review, india - this is similar to yaadgaar e raza. all to do with alaHazrat and rizwiyat.

10. quarterly afkar e raza, mumbai - this has ceased publication but was headed by zubair qadri. inshaAllah, the team will concentrate on other projects. online here.

---
please add your own periodicals or add to the above.

Last edited by Aqdas : 04-26-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Aqdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Abdul Rehman Butt

11. monthly daleel-e-rah, rawalpindi, pakistan - under the direction of allama syed riaz hussain shah, who teaches at idara talimat-e-islamia in rawalpindi.

can be read online at http://www.daleel-e-rah.info/home.html.

Sidi Aqdas, could you please enlighten us on how to subscribe to the above periodicals.

Many thanks.
Abdul Rehman Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
Abu Fadl
Banned

Does Allama Syed Kazmi Shah Sahib's (rahimahullah) "As-Saeed" still run?
Abu Fadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
abu Hasan
Administrator

at random i picked something and went here:
http://www.daleel-e-rah.info/0805/12-Ajkal_0805.html

---
the first line made me wince.
theater ke haal mein to baRa izhdiham hai*
masjid meiN haal ye ke bas Allah kaa naam hai

the theater hall is crowded
but the masjid has, well...just Allah's name
----

apparently, the poet wanted to convey his disappointment at the poor attendance of masjid but ended up with a statement that is open to interpretation...and censure.

the masjid has nothing but Allah's name. indeed, what else did you expect?

the name of Allah ta'ala is exalted and shall remain forever. so, even in an idiom, do not use it as if it is nothing. do not use it to convey a loss or a huge void.

it is said that imam a'azam sent his son to a teacher who taught him al-fatiHah; imam a'azam, the generous man he was, gave the teacher a gift of five hundred silvers (dirhams). the teacher embarrassedly said: 'all i have taught him is al-fatihah'. the imam said, 'do not underestimate that which you have taught my son. one should have immense respect to the immeasurable value of the qur'an. and if i was wealthier, i would have given you even more'*

Allah ta'ala knows best.

*izdiĥām is arabic with zaa and ĥā
azhdaham with the persian/urdu letter zhaa (as s in pleasure) and haa is given as correct in fayruzuddin's dictionary.

**the english is not a literal translation, but an attempt to convey the force of those words; see khayrat al-hisan, seventeenth section: on his generosity]

Last edited by abu Hasan : 04-27-2009 at 03:01 PM.
abu Hasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
naqshbandijamaati
Resident Member

Does the Islamic Times still come out of Stockport every month?

La ilaha il Allahu Muhammadur Rasul Allah :pbuh:.
naqshbandijamaati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Aqdas
Administrator

Quote:
Does the Islamic Times still come out of Stockport every month?
http://raza-academy.org/index.html

i think it is still a monthly. the editor is ilyas kashmiri and the raza academy, stockport, have quite a few publications to their name.

---
Quote:
could you please enlighten us on how to subscribe to the above periodicals.
inshaAllah, i will get details for each one.

Last edited by Aqdas : 04-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Aqdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
SA01
Resident Member

http://www.islamictimes.co.uk/content/view/954/92/

I believe their on-line facility for subscription is down at the mo......I used to get my copies regularly, but makes me think that I haven't had one for some time? Hmmmm......

SA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
abuabbasmaliki1

Can anyone explain the following I found on their website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islamic times
Shaykh Ibn Baaz writes in Qawaa’id Fiqhiyyaah that there is a principle which states, "Al Waasaa’il ta’khudhu Hukm al-Ghaayaat," meaning, "The means takes the same ruling as the intention of what is trying to be attained." A television set, with its wires, screen, box, and plug is nothing more than a means. It is what is trying to be attained by that box that makes it Haraam or Halaal.

Why are they praising `Abdallah bin Baz?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Mohammad Hassan Raza
Resident Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Mohammad Hassan Raza
Default Ibn Baaz a heretic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuabbasmaliki1
Can anyone explain the following I found on their website?

Why are they praising `Abdallah bin Baz?

Brother.. Ibn baaz was the one who Challenged Sarkaar Taajush Shariah Azhari sahab Daamat Barkaatuhumul Aaliya about his not offering Salaah behind Saudi Imaams... he gave a long description of Adaid-e-Ahlus Sunnah wa al-Jama'at... And tore them and their explanation apart...

Mohammad Hassan Raza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
abuabbasmaliki1

ok sidi hasanrida